• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Franci

Franci

1 hour ago, Wayne said:

I'm inferring from your comments about moving the steel that you're baking the pizza on the steel.

Do you mean stone instead of steal? Putting the steel on the top shelf and moving the stone in the middle?

I know  this gas oven has already a lot of heat the bottom. So maybe it would make sense to invert.

I'll try that, and also to see what happens in the Cadco oven that is just convection.

Franci

Franci

59 minutes ago, Wayne said:

I'm inferring from your comments about moving the steel that you're baking the pizza on the steel.

Do you mean stone instead of steal? Putting the steel on the top shelf and moving the stone in the middle?

I know with this gas oven is very powerful at the bottom. So maybe it would make sense to invert.

I'll try that, and also to see what happens in the Cadco oven that is just convection.