• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

huiray

huiray

4 hours ago, liamsaunt said:

The other night I bought some crabmeat to try and replicate a crab linguini recipe I had at a restaurant.  Supposedly it was fresh Maryland crabmeat.  Supposedly.

Have a look here.

Also, on CH there are several old threads which talk about Chinese-origin or Texas-origin crab meat being substituted by many supposedly-reputable sellers that advertised them as "Fresh Maryland Blue Crab Meat", even when it was out of season. Including restaurants offering "Maryland Crab Cakes".

huiray

huiray

1 hour ago, liamsaunt said:

The other night I bought some crabmeat to try and replicate a crab linguini recipe I had at a restaurant.  Supposedly it was fresh Maryland crabmeat.  Supposedly.

Have a look here.

Also, on CH there are several old threads which talk about Chinese-origin crab meat being substituted by many supposedly-reputable sellers that advertised them as "Fresh Maryland Blue Crab Meat", even when it was out of season. Including restaurants offering "Maryland Crab Cakes".