• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Deryn

Deryn

48 minutes ago, paulraphael said:

I'm interested in all of it, but especially preparations that are ready to use, whether you buy them or make them yourself in bulk.

I'd never heard of Maggi. And I left Marmite off the list.

An idea I'd like to experiment with: make tomato paste out of sun-dried tomatoes and keep in a small jar. Anyone heard of this? Maybe it can be preserved by using some vinegar?

Dried tomato pesto - yes! Made it, bought it, used it. Not sure I have directly added vinegar to mine (during pesto preparation), but why not? I would try balsamic.

Deryn

Deryn

46 minutes ago, paulraphael said:

I'm interested in all of it, but especially preparations that are ready to use, whether you buy them or make them yourself in bulk.

I'd never heard of Maggi. And I left Marmite off the list.

An idea I'd like to experiment with: make tomato paste out of sun-dried tomatoes and keep in a small jar. Anyone heard of this? Maybe it can be preserved by using some vinegar?

Dried tomato pesto - yes! Made it, bought it, used it.