• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

I've also been wanting an IP-friendly springform pan and succumbed to the Prime Day special, kindly brought to my attention by @Shelby.  I noted the recipe on the backside of the pan label and thought it might make an easy make-ahead dish to bring to happy hour-type gatherings.  However, in reading the recipe, I'm thinking it might be more suited to the Cuisi steam oven than the IP because of the 2-step baking process but I wanted to seek advice from my experts here.  

What do you experts think?  Would you make this entirely in the IP?  Go with the Cuisi?  Do the first bake in the IP and then into the Cuisi for 15 min after adding the sour cream topping?  

IMG_3407.jpg

Apologies for the crappy photo.  The font is extremely tiny and the glue blob refused my attempts to remove it.

Also, I have no idea what the called-for spicy cheddar cheese dip is but I figured I'd use a Velveeta/Rotel mixture.

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

I've also been wanting an IP-friendly springform pan and succumbed to the Prime Day special, kindly brought to my attention by @Shelby.  I noted the recipe on the backside of the pan label and thought it might make an easy make-ahead dish to bring to happy hour-type gatherings.  However, in reading the recipe, I'm thinking it might be more suited to the Cuisi steam oven than the IP because of the 2-step baking process but I wanted to seek advice from my experts here.  

What do you experts think?  Would you make this entirely in the IP?  Go with the Cuisi?  Do the first bake in the IP and then into the Cuisi for 15 min after adding the sour cream topping?  

IMG_3407.jpg

Apologies for the crappy photo.  The font is extremely tiny and the glue blog refused my attempts to remove it.

Also, I have no idea what the called-for spicy cheddar cheese dip is but I figured I'd use a Velveeta/Rotel mixture.