• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

vivian darkbloom

vivian darkbloom

mis-placed comma.

now that IS a labor of love - much applause for all those involved with what you're describing and the tangential efforts of other groups (as that's a LOT of work).

I was looking into this for a friend wanting to create a foundation for developmentally disabled young adults devoted to filling in the cracks left open by other programs as a 501 (c) (3) and there are lots of low-cost groups that will help you with that and grant-writing (although some appear to be a bit opportunistic). there was one that did all that for free and if I can find them again, I'll share it.

best as I could determine, it would be easiest to create a division within an established organization that's devoted to your efforts, riding the coat-tails as it were for the umbrella tax-exemption and their existing knowledge of fund-raising and staffing issues.

vivian darkbloom

vivian darkbloom

now that IS a labor of love - much applause for all those involved with what you're describing and the tangential efforts of other groups (as that's a LOT of work).

I was looking into this for a friend wanting to create a foundation for developmentally disabled young adults devoted to filling in the cracks left open by other programs, as a 501 (c) (3) and there are lots of low-cost groups that will help you with that and grant-writing (although some appear to be a bit opportunistic). there was one that did all that for free and if I can find them again, I'll share it.

best as I could determine, it would be easiest to create a division within an established organization that's devoted to your efforts, riding the coat-tails as it were for the umbrella tax-exemption and their existing knowledge of fund-raising and staffing issues.