• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

to add link

On February 26, 2016 at 5:46 PM, SLB said:

So, I recently heard an episode of "The Moth Radio Hour" featuring a testimony from Chef Chris Fischer from The Beach Plum on Martha's Vineyard.  The episode was from the night the Obamas showed up.  There is a really very touching discussion of a salad that was prepped and served to the Obamas, and it noted that the dressing was composed of blended salad greens along with the vinaigrette basics.  

Using blended salad greens in the dressing is a new one for me.  But as soon as things get springy and fresh around here, I'm going to try it.  It sounds perfect!  

[Obvs Chef Fischer could easily be an egulleter; if so, hi!  Loved your tender Moth segment.]  

Thanks for mentioning this, @SLB!  I listened to it last night.  It's a good story and I thought his description of the salad, including the blended greens in the dressing and the young girl who made it using local, family-grown produce was absolutely lovely.  

If anyone else wants to listen, here's a link to that story on The Moth and (edited to add) a link to his family's farm, Beetlebung Farm that contains info on his cookbook.

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

On February 26, 2016 at 5:46 PM, SLB said:

So, I recently heard an episode of "The Moth Radio Hour" featuring a testimony from Chef Chris Fischer from The Beach Plum on Martha's Vineyard.  The episode was from the night the Obamas showed up.  There is a really very touching discussion of a salad that was prepped and served to the Obamas, and it noted that the dressing was composed of blended salad greens along with the vinaigrette basics.  

Using blended salad greens in the dressing is a new one for me.  But as soon as things get springy and fresh around here, I'm going to try it.  It sounds perfect!  

[Obvs Chef Fischer could easily be an egulleter; if so, hi!  Loved your tender Moth segment.]  

Thanks for mentioning this, @SLB!  I listened to it last night.  It's a good story and I thought his description of the salad, including the blended greens in the dressing and the young girl who made it using local, family-grown produce was absolutely lovely.  

If anyone else wants to listen, here's a link to that story on The Moth.