• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Darienne

Darienne

37 minutes ago, Smithy said:

Funny that you should mention this now. I'm on a salad tear in general, and for the first time in several months decided to make a broccoli salad. Here it is so far, sans dressing: broccoli, toasted walnuts, crumbled bacon, and barberries (NOT raisins, nor cranberries). Like @heidih, I don't like cheese in mine. I just now remembered that I usually add chopped red onion; since I'd forgotten it, I may leave it out.

20230717_143625.jpg

My usual dressing is the mayonnaise type with red wine vinegar, half and half (because we have no milk) and a touch of sugar. I don't like much sugar in mine; for my tastes, it easily can get too sweet.

Since mine isn't dressed yet, I may set some aside to try Heidi's version, although my broccoli hasn't been roasted. Hers sounds really good too!

I love this salad, but don't make it often.  It's so rich...like a dessert almost.  Yummm.

No cheese here either...

Darienne

Darienne

35 minutes ago, Smithy said:

Funny that you should mention this now. I'm on a salad tear in general, and for the first time in several months decided to make a broccoli salad. Here it is so far, sans dressing: broccoli, toasted walnuts, crumbled bacon, and barberries (NOT raisins, nor cranberries). Like @heidih, I don't like cheese in mine. I just now remembered that I usually add chopped red onion; since I'd forgotten it, I may leave it out.

20230717_143625.jpg

My usual dressing is the mayonnaise type with red wine vinegar, half and half (because we have no milk) and a touch of sugar. I don't like much sugar in mine; for my tastes, it easily can get too sweet.

Since mine isn't dressed yet, I may set some aside to try Heidi's version, although my broccoli hasn't been roasted. Hers sounds really good too!

I love this salad, but don't make it often.  It's so rich...like a dessert almost.  Yummm.