• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BonVivant

BonVivant

2 hours ago, Sparren said:

Biff Rydberg is a Swedish speciality that I made for dinner last night.
Pan fried diced fillet of veal, sauteed diced onion and deep fried diced potatoes served with egg yolk, parsley and whipped cream with mustard.DSC_9187.thumb.JPG.84411465a79600b4f5921

I like this. Is there a story behind it? How do you make it (your way)? Looks simple enough but not sure what cut of meat, kind of meat and spices you use.

In Norway I came across "Finnbiff", a dish that is also popular in northern Sweden (and Lapland in general). Let us see how you make it, too, someday maybe?

BonVivant

BonVivant

2 hours ago, Sparren said:

Biff Rydberg is a Swedish speciality that I made for dinner last night.
Pan fried diced fillet of veal, sauteed diced onion and deep fried diced potatoes served with egg yolk, parsley and whipped cream with mustard.DSC_9187.thumb.JPG.84411465a79600b4f5921

I like this. Is there a story behind it? How do you make it (your way)? Looks simple enough but not sure what cut of meat, kind of meat and spices you use.

In Norway I came across "Finbiff", a dish that is also popular in northern Sweden (and Lapland in general). Let us see how you make it, too, someday maybe?