• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

huiray

huiray

4 hours ago, sartoric said:

An Asian flavoured chicken soup with tomatoes, basil and spinach.

He likes his with crushed nuts and chilli vinegar.

image.thumb.jpeg.e513599eeca9de264db9d7a

i like mine with fried shallots and fried garlic.

image.thumb.jpeg.a075c9e242d74e9bda252bb

Looks nice, sartoric. Perhaps you might consider adding even more basil next time. :-)

Following on from the "Gardening" topic, here are a few stir-fries that I did in the past with lots of (Thai) basil (just use standard Western basil instead, it doesn't have to be Thai basil): here, here (scroll down), here (scroll down). Here's another soup w/ loads of Genovese basil *and* a noodle/pasta sauce with loads of basil also - here.

huiray

huiray

4 hours ago, sartoric said:

An Asian flavoured chicken soup with tomatoes, basil and spinach.

He likes his with crushed nuts and chilli vinegar.

image.thumb.jpeg.e513599eeca9de264db9d7a

i like mine with fried shallots and fried garlic.

image.thumb.jpeg.a075c9e242d74e9bda252bb

Looks nice, sartoric. Perhaps you might consider adding even more basil next time. :-)

Following on from the "Gardening" topic, here are a few stir-fries that I did in the past with lots of (Thai) basil (just use standard Western basil instead, it doesn't have to be Thai basil): here, here (scroll down), here (scroll down). Here's another soup w/ loads of Genovese basil - here.