• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

suzilightning

suzilightning

to add some stuff

Happy anniversary!!

NYE is our Christmas celebration.  There are sweet potatoes baking away in the oven along with a package of yellow beets.  There are two venison loins marinating with some juniper, shallot, beef stock and some garlic.  I'm going to cut some steaks from the loin and cook them as well as browning off one of them.  Finish off in a 250 degree oven.... Green beans with mushrooms and it should be good....

Tomorrow and Saturday have to use up whatever we have in the fridge as we leave Sunday morning on our first ever cruise...wish me luck.

Just ate the teeny tiny tail end of the loin I cut into steaks .....how freaking good is well cooked venison served with a tiny bit of lingonberry jam???????  Mashed sweets with a touch of maple syrup....green beans and that venison...........ahhhhhhhhhh.

suzilightning

suzilightning

Happy anniversary!!

NYE is our Christmas celebration.  There are sweet potatoes baking away in the oven along with a package of yellow beets.  There are two venison loins marinating with some juniper, shallot, beef stock and some garlic.  I'm going to cut some steaks from the loin and cook them as well as browning off one of them.  Finish off in a 250 degree oven.... Green beans with mushrooms and it should be good....

Tomorrow and Saturday have to use up whatever we have in the fridge as we leave Sunday morning on our first ever cruise...wish me luck.