• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Alex

Alex

more info, rewording

New Year's Eve: We're going out for dinner, but later that evening, while watching the Cotton Bowl (Go Green! Go White!) with some friends, I'll make this roasted pears recipe from Gourmet/Epicurious. It's one of our very favorite desserts, especially with locally produced goat cheese. I'll probably also bring over a Caroline Cellars (Niagara Peninsula) ice wine.

New Year's Day: In a recent shipment from Rancho Gordo was a recipe for Yellow Eye Bean, Smoked Chicken, and Sweet Potato Chowder. I'll sub black-eyed peas for the yellow eyes, and locally raised smoked turkey for the chicken. To start the day we'll probably hold our annual Mimosapalooza, then eat eggs and Canadian bacon from the aforementioned farm, with challah.

Alex

Alex

New Year's Eve: We're going out for dinner, but later that evening, while watching the Cotton Bowl (Go Green! Go White!) with some friends, I'll make this roasted pears recipe from Gourmet/Epicurious. It's one of our very favorite desserts, especially with locally produced goat cheese.

New Year's Day: In a recent shipment from Rancho Gordo was a recipe for Yellow Eye Bean, Smoked Chicken, and Sweet Potato Chowder. I'll sub black-eyed peas for the yellow eyes, and locally raised smoked turkey for the chicken. To start the day we'll probably indulge in our annual Mimosa Festival, and eat eggs and Canadian bacon from the aforementioned farm.

Alex

Alex

New Year's Eve: We're going out for dinner, but later that evening, while watching the Cotton Bowl (Go Green! Go White!) with some friends, I'll make this roasted pears recipe from Gourmet/Epicurious. It's one of our very favorite desserts, especially with locally produced goat cheese.

New Year's Day: In a recent shipment from Rancho Gordo was a recipe (not yet on their website) for Yellow Eye Bean, Smoked Chicken, and Sweet Potato Chowder. I'll sub black-eyed peas for the yellow eyes, and locally raised smoked turkey for the chicken. To start the day we'll probably indulge in our annual Mimosa Festival, and eat eggs and Canadian bacon from the aforementioned farm.