• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Ann_T

Ann_T

Elaina, beautiful loaf and crumb.  But it is your English Muffins that I'm wanting.   

Handmixed two doughs before leaving for work yesterday morning. 

One baked last night and one baked this morning.

Both were identical except for the hyrdation. One was at 68% and the other at 72%. Both had 750g flour with 5g of yeast, 22g salt and 100g of sourdough starter (discard).

The addition of just a small amount of sourdough starter added to this yeast dough, gives me a bread with a more developed, enhanced flavour, with a nice light tang, but without the true sourdough flavour that I don't care for.

Both went into the fridge immediately after the last stretch and fold. My son took the 68% dough out at 4:00 pm so that I could bake it last night.

The 72% batch I took out of the fridge this morning at 2:30 AM and it was ready to shape at 4:30. Out of the oven before 7:00AM.

February%2021st%2C%202016%204-XL.jpg

February%2021st%2C%202016%203-XL.jpg

Sliced for breakfast.

Ann_T

Ann_T

Elaina, beautiful loaf and crumb.  But it is your English Muffins that I'm wanting.   

Handmixed both doughs before leaving for work yesterday morning. 

Both were identical except for the hyrdation. One was at 68% and the other at 72%. Both had 750g flour with 5g of yeast, 22g salt and 100g of sourdough starter (discard).

The addition of just a small amount of sourdough starter added to this yeast dough, gives me a bread with a more developed, enhanced flavour, with a nice light tang, but without the true sourdough flavour that I don't care for.

Both went into the fridge immediately after the last stretch and fold. My son took the 68% dough out at 4:00 pm so that I could bake it last night.

The 72% batch I took out of the fridge this morning at 2:30 AM and it was ready to shape at 4:30. Out of the oven before 7:00AM.

Sliced for breakfast.

Ann_T

Ann_T

Handmixed both doughs before leaving for work yesterday morning.

Sliced for breakfast.