• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Iowa and Your Front Porch (in Iowa, at least)

rotuts

via the Washington Post :

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2015/06/12/iowa-supreme-court-yes-you-can-get-drunk-on-your-front-steps/

I wasn't aware that The Supremes ( even little supremes ) did that much thinking these days ....

you can :

""  baste meat on the grill with a bourbon-infused barbecue sauce""

In Iowa at least.

Cheers !

Edited by rotuts (log)
  • Like 2

Excuse me while I go sit on my front stoop with a bottle of bourbon to see if anyone complains.  Kansas representatives are trying to raise taxes to meet a budget shortfall that they themselves created so I could argue that by buying the booze, I am doing my part to help out with the financial crisis.  

Sitting on the front porch and drinking in an Iowan's defense against the constant stream of politicians and pundits  going by.  Even more effective is wearing patched bib overalls while swilling that PBR.  And a shotgun propped against the step makes a fine accessory as well.

As an Iowan, ya gotta do what you gotta do to keep your sanity at election time.  One of our favorite pass times is convincing wan-a-bes how important it is to have their picture taken while eating a corndog at the fair!  They always fall for it too!

• Like 5