• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Deryn

Deryn

That bread looks great, Barney. Thanks for the pictures. I am sincerely glad you have it all figured out now. :)

I do have to say though that you were not as clear about stating your problem as you think you were at first, sir. You were a brand new poster and I don't even see a 'Hello, Glad to be here' post or introduction from you yet people jumped in to try to help you anyway. A number of us have found a lot of that very frustrating - and this is a very bright, friendly and experienced crowd. Apparently you thought that only ONE person who started to do an experiment FOR you was really worthy of listening to.  The rest of us have felt (or at least I did and I know I am not alone) that we might be banging our heads against a brick wall. And you did talk about prepping and Bedouins - and not wanting to use anything but commercial yeast, and definitely not wanting to go the 'sourdough' route.

Anyway, you might want to cut us a little slack, as we did with you. Welcome to the forum. Let's start again.

Deryn

Deryn

That bread looks great, Barney. Thanks for the pictures. I am sincerely glad you have it all figured out now. :)

I do have to say though you were not as clear about stating your problem as you think you were at first, sir. You were a brand new poster and I don't even see a 'Hello, Glad to be here' post or introduction from you yet people jumped in to try to help you anyway. A number of us have found a lot of that very frustrating - and this is a very bright, friendly and experienced crowd. Apparently you thought that only ONE person who started to do an experiment FOR you was really worthy of listening to.  The rest of us have felt (or at least I did and I know I am not alone) that we might be banging our heads against a brick wall. And you did talk about prepping and Bedouins - and not wanting to use anything but commercial yeast, and definitely not wanting to go the 'sourdough' route.

Anyway, you might want to cut us a little slack, as we did with you. Welcome to the forum. Let's start again.