• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Jaymes

Jaymes

1 hour ago, Lisa Shock said:

I guess this is one of those 'you had to be there' moments. Maybe the shrimp was just a little bit overdone. Maybe not everyone's portion was rubbery. Up until they told Grayson to go, I really thought Angelina was toast. That said, Grayson has seemed whiny during every challenge and she never admits personal responsibility, she was always blaming something/someone else. Maybe it's editing. But, I never got the sense, this season, that Grayson was trying to work in the spirit of the challenges. I am still struck by her comments in the last challenge about how she couldn't really make a vegan dish, like her 'style' was so great she would never have to accommodate a vegan guest. (I like to think of the challenges, sometimes, as requests a restaurant guest would make.) I was sick of her eye-rolling attitude, maybe the judges and staff were as well. She complained louder, longer, and harder than anyone there -that seemed to be the main difference between her and the newer chefs. She certainly wasn't cranking out stellar food. It's fine, and she won LCK, but, she didn't make anything like that time a chef (sorry, forgot who) made the best soup Padma had ever tasted in a blindfold challenge where he got sausage casings as his main ingredient.

And, speaking of Grayson and corn, and remembering Padma's admonition that, "if you put a spoon into your mouth don't put it into my food," did anyone else notice Grayson stirring that corn with a big wooden spoon that she put into her mouth several times and with which she then continued stirring?

Eeew.

Jaymes

Jaymes

I guess this is one of those 'you had to be there' moments. Maybe the shrimp was just a little bit overdone. Maybe not everyone's portion was rubbery. Up until they told Grayson to go, I really thought Angelina was toast. That said, Grayson has seemed whiny during every challenge and she never admits personal responsibility, she was always blaming something/someone else. Maybe it's editing. But, I never got the sense, this season, that Grayson was trying to work in the spirit of the challenges. I am still struck by her comments in the last challenge about how she couldn't really make a vegan dish, like her 'style' was so great she would never have to accommodate a vegan guest. (I like to think of the challenges, sometimes, as requests a restaurant guest would make.) I was sick of her eye-rolling attitude, maybe the judges and staff were as well. She complained louder, longer, and harder than anyone there -that seemed to be the main difference between her and the newer chefs. She certainly wasn't cranking out stellar food. It's fine, and she won LCK, but, she didn't make anything like that time a chef (sorry, forgot who) made the best soup Padma had ever tasted in a blindfold challenge where he got sausage casings as his main ingredient.

And, speaking of Grayson and corn, and remembering Padma's admonition that, "if you put a spoon into your mouth don't put it into my food," did anyone else notice Grayson stirring that corn with a big wooden spoon that she put into her mouth several times and with which she continued stirring?

Eeew.

Jaymes

Jaymes

And, speaking of Grayson and corn, and remembering Padma's admonition that, "if you put a spoon into your mouth don't put it into my food," did anyone else notice Grayson stirring that corn with a big wooden spoon, that she put into her mouth several times, and with which she then continued stirring?

Eeew.

Jaymes

Jaymes

And, speaking of Grayson and corn, and remembering Padma's admonition that, "if you put a spoon into your mouth don't put it into my food," did anyone else notice Grayson stirring that corn with a big wooden spoon, that she put into her mouth several times, and then continued stirring?

Eeew.