• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

42 minutes ago, Shelby said:

Someone needs to PM me with who wins LCK.  

@Shelby, I also have a very slow internet connection but luckily no fines!  Just in case anyone else has similar constraints, I'll post my LCK observations.  There's only a spoiler (that I already mentioned in my last post) on the first of the 2 LCK episodes and they didn't reveal the winner of the second one. 

For the first of the 2 LCK episodes, Amar and Carl join Jason for a 3-chef competition where one of them will be out.  The challenge is to use sourdough and they have many sorts of sourdough bread and fresh dough to work with in 30 min.

Amar made a Beef Wellington wrapped in sourdough with asparagus and bernaise.  Carl made a gazpacho with apple, green tomato, grilled shrimp, and sourdough croutons.  Jason made a bruscetta with smoked salmon, artichoke fritatta served on top.  Tom commented that the radish and turnip garnish on Jason’s was underseasoned - dum, dum dum, dum…. Jason's out.  On his way out the door, Tom mentions that his eggs were overcooked as well.  I was sorry to have him leave.  

That left Amar and Carl to duke it out in the second LCK challenge - fish!   Sort of a redux of their quick fire elimination but this time it has to be cooked, so no crudo!  Tom set the starting time at 20 min and challenged them to bid it down, leaving them with 12 minutes at the end. Yikes!  I’m pretty sure it will take me more than 12 min to make my tuna salad sandwich for lunch!   Unlike all the other LKC episodes, they did NOT reveal the winner at the end although Tom says both were technically excellent and it came down to a few grains of salt.  Tom and his salt!  The segment ended with quick clips from Vegas  (same as at the end of the full episode last night)  that didn’t reveal any thing more than Padma hosting whilst wearing a red slip.  Not sure what happened to her dress.  Maybe a lost luggage issue, not sure.:o

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

41 minutes ago, Shelby said:

@Shelby, I also have a very slow internet connection but luckily no fines!  Just in case anyone else has similar constraints, I'll post my LCK observations.  There's only a spoiler (that I already mentioned in my last post) on the first of the 2 LCK episodes and they didn't reveal the winner of the second one. 

For the first of the 2 LCK episodes, Amar and Carl join Jason for a 3-chef competition where one of them will be out.  The challenge is to use sourdough and they have many sorts of sourdough bread and fresh dough to work with in 30 min.

Amar made a Beef Wellington wrapped in sourdough with asparagus and bernaise.  Carl made a gazpacho with apple, green tomato, grilled shrimp, and sourdough croutons.  Jason made a bruscetta with smoked salmon, artichoke fritatta served on top.  Tom commented that the radish and turnip garnish on Jason’s was underseasoned - dum, dum dum, dum…. Jason's out.  On his way out the door, Tom mentions that his eggs were overcooked as well.  I was sorry to have him leave.  

That left Amar and Carl to duke it out in the second LCK challenge - fish!   Sort of a redux of their quick fire elimination but this time it has to be cooked, so no crudo!  Tom set the starting time at 20 min and challenged them to bid it down, leaving them with 12 minutes at the end. Yikes!  I’m pretty sure it will take me more than 12 min to make my tuna salad sandwich for lunch!   Unlike all the other LKC episodes, they did NOT reveal the winner at the end although Tom says both were technically excellent and it came down to a few grains of salt.  Tom and his salt!  The segment ended with quick clips from Vegas  (same as at the end of the full episode last night)  that didn’t reveal any thing more than Padma hosting whilst wearing a red slip.  Not sure what happened to her dress.  Maybe a lost luggage issue, not sure.

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

37 minutes ago, Shelby said:

That left Amar and Carl to duke it out in the second LCK challenge - fish!   Sort of a redux of their quick fire elimination but this time it has to be cooked, so no crudo!  Tom set the starting time at 20 min and challenged them to bid it down, leaving them with 12 minutes at the end. Yikes!  I’m pretty sure it will take me more than 12 min to make my tuna salad sandwich for lunch!   Unlike all the other LKC episodes, they did NOT reveal the winner at the end although Tom says it both were technically excellent and it came down to a few grains of salt.  Tom and his salt!  The segment ended with quick clips from Vegas  (same as at the end of the full episode last night)  that didn’t reveal any thing more than Padma hosting whilst wearing a red slip.  Not sure what happened to her dress.  Maybe a lost luggage issue, not sure.