• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FeChef

FeChef

On 4/24/2024 at 7:20 PM, Matthew.Taylor said:

Probably gonna use Meathead’s recipe in his book. But I was thinking of a good seasoning or rub. What would be good in you guys eyes?

Also is there a particularly good sauce to try with this?

If you can find it, Oakridge Carne Crosta. Last time i checked it was $100/lb on ebay. I still have a stock pile i vacuum packed and froze when it was $30/lb.

That said, Plowboys Bovine Bold would be my second choice.

FeChef

FeChef

Probably gonna use Meathead’s recipe in his book. But I was thinking of a good seasoning or rub. What would be good in you guys eyes?

If you can find it, Oakridge Carne Crosta. Last time i checked it was $100/lb on ebay. I still have a stock pile i vacuum packed and froze when it was $35/lb.

That said, Plowboys Bovine Bold would be my second choice.

FeChef

FeChef

If you can find it, Oakridge Carne Crosta. Last time i checked it was $100/lb on ebay. I still have a stock pile i vacuum packed and froze when it was $35/lb.