• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hi from Alabama. Big Easy user

TMB

Hi all,  my name is Tommy  but my call sign is TMB. Been cooking with CharBroil's Big Easy now for 7 years and I invented the Tommy Ring that is used by many folks in their Big Easy cookers.  I also built a charcoal version and a pellet grill version of what is known as the SRG (largest Big Easy) I have modified all my cookers to cook better and would love to show them off

Look forward to spending time here learning on what y'all have been doing with Big Easy's 

• Like 2

Welcome, Tommy. Before I read your post, I read the title and wondered how one cooks *with* New Orleans :-D. Now I understand the title! You've probably already found this topic, but in case you haven't, here's a good look at some of our members' uses: Cooking with the Char Broil Oil-less Big Easy Fryer. It will be nice to see some more users join in; come join the fun!

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

Welcome, Tommy. Before I read your post, I read the title and wondered how one cooks *with* New Orleans :-D. Now I understand the title! You've probably already found this topic, but in case you haven't, here's a good look at some of our members' uses: Cooking with the Char Broil Oil-less Big Easy Fryer. It will be nice to see some more users join in; come join the fun!