• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

gfron1

gfron1

@IowaDee - but I just have to say...the editor hasn't even returned the manuscript to me! Its such a crazy, crazy world. We're still editing the cover which i know will change. Its just so bizarre to me. I've always used this forum as educational, not shlepping, but we're certainly getting closer to the shlepping phase it appears. But here's another learning... I started my own site to sell. Not knowing the price, we set it at $40. Amazon is showing $35, which again I ask how they can know since the book isn't set to print (i know they can guess based on the manuscript). With Amazon I get $3.25 per book. With my site I'll get closer to $20. The price difference between my site and Amazon was meant to accommodate a few perks - inscription, additional recipes not in the book and detailed technical data from my photographer...plus shipping. I'm interested (but not asking) what the publisher thinks of me selling on the side with a website. Every author sells but it seems like its competition at some level. Just thoughts for the night. I can't wait to see what the designer does from here. Really happy with her work.

And yes, you'll see me in St. Louis. A food reporter somehow found out and contacted me today. My lips are kinda sealed to the media since its so premature.

gfron1

gfron1

@IowaDee - but I just have to say...the editor hasn't even returned the manuscript to me! Its such a crazy, crazy world. We're still editing the cover which i know will change. Its just so bizarre to me. I've always used this forum as educational, not shlepping, but we're certainly getting closer to the shlepping phase it appears. But here's another learning... I started my own site to sell. Not knowing the price, we set it at $40. Amazon is showing $35, which again I ask how they can know since the book isn't set to print (i know they can guess based on the manuscript). With Amazon I get $3.25 per book. With my site I'll get closer to $20. The price difference between my site and Amazon was meant to accommodate a few perks - inscription, additional recipes not in the book and detailed technical data from my photographer...plus shipping. I'm interested (but not asking) what the publisher thinks of me selling on the side with a website. Every author sells but it seems like its competition at some level. Just thoughts for the night. I can't wait to see what the designer does from here. Really happy with her work.