• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

gfron1

gfron1

I stress repeatedly to use local experts who know the local flora, and spend a bit of time on safety and hazards. The focus is on the forageable items that are most accessible, most useful and most safe. The book is consciously not a foraging guide. There are plenty of those out there and most are regionally focused. I offer entry level foraging tips and rules that anyone can safely do. And I focused mostly on items that have online purchasing options and all have substitutions.

And you ask if it was difficult. The culling of the list was difficult, not the writing of the remaining. The remaining ingredients are maybe 10% of my repetoire, but what was appropriate for this level of a book.

gfron1

gfron1

I stress repeatedly to use local experts who know the local flora, and spend a bit of time on safety and hazards. The focus is on the forageable items that are most accessible, most useful and most safe. The book is consciously not a foraging guide. There are plenty of those out there and most are regionally focused. I offer entry level foraging tips and rules that anyone can safely do. And I focused mostly on items that have online purchasing options and all have substitutions.