• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FauxPas

FauxPas

1 hour ago, Smithy said:

Will you have to eliminate a lot of your cookware, now that you've gone with induction? If so, will you put it in storage until you're sure about the induction stove, or will you summarily get rid of it?

We had an induction range in the last house here as well, which was purchased back in 2014 or so (the range). It was pretty amazing, actually. Great temp control on the stovetop and the oven racks were porcelain-coated so you could leave them in during a high-heat oven clean. I already have mostly induction-friendly cookware. 

I wanted an induction range in the Arizona house also when we bought new appliances in 2010 and I don't know why I let a salesperson talk me out of it. She thought they were too pricey, but some models would have fit into our budget. I ended up using portable ones quite a bit because I hate those ceramic-top electric models that burn every spill on to the surface. 

FauxPas

FauxPas

57 minutes ago, Smithy said:

Will you have to eliminate a lot of your cookware, now that you've gone with induction? If so, will you put it in storage until you're sure about the induction stove, or will you summarily get rid of it?

We had an induction range in the last house here as well, which was purchased back in 2014 or so. It was pretty amazing, actually. Great temp control on the stovetop and the oven racks were porcelain-coated so you could leave them in during a high-heat oven clean. I already have mostly induction-friendly cookware. 

I wanted an induction range in the Arizona house also when we bought new appliances in 2010 and I don't know why I let a salesperson talk me out of it. She thought they were too pricey, but some models would have fit into our budget. I ended up using portable ones quite a bit because I hate those ceramic-top electric models that burn every spill on to the surface.