• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

cdh

cdh

Do please tell me what calling low temp poaching and cooling and reheating open to the environment "much more dangerous" than sealing the stuff is at worst, if at best it is wrong?  You'd advocate doing it, and do it yourself?  Are you calling me a crazy alarmist or something?

Let's see your risk assessment of sealed in plastic sous vide vs low temp poaching.  What's your HACCP for the latter procedure?

While you're at it, what's your risk assessment for ziploc plastic leaching unidentified bad stuff into the food?  How's that compare to the microbiological risk to health you just did the math for in the previous question?

cdh

cdh

Do please tell me what calling low temp poaching and cooling and reheating open to the environment "much more dangerous" than sealing the stuff is at worst, if at best it is wrong?  You'd advocate doing it, and do it yourself?  Are you calling me a crazy alarmist or something?

Let's see your risk assessment of sealed in plastic sous vide vs low temp poaching.  What's your HAACP for the latter procedure?

While you're at it, what's your risk assessment for ziploc plastic leaching unidentified bad stuff into the food?  How's that compare to the microbiological risk to health you just did the math for in the previous question?

cdh

cdh

Let's see your risk assessment of sealed in plastic sous vide vs low temp poaching.  What's your HAACP for the latter procedure?

cdh

cdh

Let's see your risk assessment of sealed in plastic sous vise vs low temp poaching.  What's your HAACP for the latter procedure?