• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Greetings. I received the ElevenMadison Park cookbook for my birthday (December), and it is one of my favorite cookbooks of the year. The recipes are great (some very involved), as is the presentation of the food. I have cooked a few of the recipes and the flavors pair together quite well. One of my favorite things about the book is at the end. The end of the book contains many vinaigrette, infused oil, gels, pickling, and sorbet recipes, as wellasvarious other dessert recipes. It is a very nicely presented book, with recipes laid outvia each season.

Has anyone else purchased the book? Have you cooked any recipes? How cookable did you feel the book was?

Seth

• 4 months later...

I got this book from my gf for christmas and it's probably been my most read book since. I havn't tried full recipes yet but I have tried various techniques from it and it's always worked great. I love how Chef Humm can make dazzling modern dishes without using too many ultra-modernist techniques. It's a great example of how classic techniques done perfectly can yield extraordinary results. I'm looking forward to trying out his pork shoulder recipe from the 4 course suckling pig recipe. I think one of my favourite things that stuck with me from the book is how they created the menu with only 1 set star ingredient and they can build the dish to a diners tastes and whats in season, I think it's a great balance of staying creative in the kitchen and tending to your diners individual tastes. Amazing book, I recommend it to everyone.