• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Texturas Brand - Trisol

• 4 weeks later...

AUI Swiss is theexclusivedistributer for Texturas Products, you can find it for sale on other sites (usually spanish cooking sites) but AUI Swiss is going to be your cheapest option. Trisol is also only sold in 4kg quantities, however you might want to see if anyone of the forum or online (EGullet) might want to split a tub with you.

Joe Lipinski said:

AUI Swiss is theexclusivedistributer for Texturas Products, you can find it for sale on other sites (usually spanish cooking sites) but AUI Swiss is going to be your cheapest option. Trisol is also only sold in 4kg quantities, however you might want to see if anyone of the forum or online (EGullet) might want to split a tub with you.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have my bucket of Trisol. I have found that when used with wheat flour in a 1:1 ratio, it really works. I tried some deep fried silverbait and it came out amazingly crispy.

I tried making Agedashi Tofu with it, using a 1:1 with katakuriko flour (Japanese potato flour). It failed miserably - it was burnt in places and the result was way inferior compared to 100% katakuriko flour.

How does this product work? Why does it work with some types of flour and not others?

• 8 months later...