• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

My sister is left-handed and seems to have adapted without special tools. She does cook most days and entertains w/ cooking frequently. She went through that bit about converting (early 60's) until her teacher told my Euro parents to ""quit it!" in no uncertain terms. There is even a German expression bout using the "pretty" hand!  She resolved many inconveniences like spiral notebooks by developing a beautiful upright penmanship. I've been forced left due to arm/hand breaks several times. Amaing how the mind adapts. After a 9 month lefty situation I couldn't seem to train my mind to use the mouse on the right again. Had a freak moment when I used someone elses mouse and thought I'd screwed up the poor boy's computer....it was a left handed mouse - who knew? Can openers were not a problem but scissors I'll admit as challenging. 

heidih

heidih

My sister is left-handed and seems to have adapted without special tools. She does cook most days and entertains w/ cooking frequently. She went through that bit about converting (early 60's) until her teacher told my Euro parents to ""quit it!" in no uncertain terms. There is even a German expression bout using the "pretty" hand!  She resolved many inconveniences like spiral notebooks by developing a beautiful upright penmanship. I've been forced left due to arm/hand breaks several times. Amaing how the mind adapts. After a 9 month lefty situation Incouldn't seem to train my mind to use the mouse on the right again. Had a freak moment when I used someone elses mouse and thought I'd screwed up the poor boy's computer....it was a left handed mouse - who knew? Can openers were not a problem but scissors I'll admit as challenging.