It was one of those days when Murphy ruled. First, when I turned the food processor on to combine the ingredients for the short bread base, nothing happened. I turned it on and off a few times. I used some words that might’ve got my mouth washed out with soap at some pointin my life before realizing that I hadn’t bothered to put a blade in there.
Then when I realized that the crust was not coming together and checked the recipe, I realized I had mismeasured the flour. In an attempt to remedy that by increasing the amount of butter I managed to dump much of the mixture on the floor.
Somehow at the end of it all I came up with just barely passable butter tart squares. But they have so much sugar in them that their audience will fail to find any fault with them. As befits everything else that went wrong I forgot to take a photograph before I had them packaged up.
On the plus side these are the last treats I need to make this year.