• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

Typos? grammar?

1 hour ago, blue_dolphin said:

I'm sure @Anna N will weigh in on how things may have evolved but in the meantime, check the first post in this thread for the initial specs.

Edited to add that I realize that this is the second time today that someone asked @Anna N a question and I jumped in with my 2 cents.  I will stop interrupting.  It's long been an issue of mine :$!

Yes the rules have changed significantly over time. Things have evolved. Even the company where these meetings occur has changed hands and the attendees are very different.   They have learned not to worry about messiness or have managed to cope with it because some of the messiest cookies I have sent have been the ones most praised.

The grand child is now a super senior in high school meaning she’s doing an extra year and the  students are expected to take full responsibility for themselves so that peanut butter and nut allergies are not so much of a concern. 

I have been baking long enough now that I’m willing to try things I would never have imagined I would do at the beginning.

I still don’t love baking but it doesn’t scare me anymore.

Anna N

Anna N

4 minutes ago, blue_dolphin said:

I'm sure @Anna N will weigh in on how things may have evolved but in the meantime, check the first post in this thread for the initial specs.

Edited to add that I realize that this is the second time today that someone asked @Anna N a question and I jumped in with my 2 cents.  I will stop interrupting.  It's long been an issue of mine :$!

Yes the rules have changed significantly the time. Things have evolved. Even the company where these meetings occur has changed hands and the attendees are very different.   They have learned not to worry about messiness or have managed to cope with it because some of the messiest cookies I have sent have been the ones most praised.

The grand child is now a super senior in high school meaning she’s doing an extra year and the  students are expected to take full responsibility for themselves so that peanut butter and nut allergies are not so much of a concern. 

I have been baking long enough now that I’m willing to try things I would never of imagined I would do at the beginning.

I still don’t love baking but it doesn’t scare me anymore.