• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Deryn

Deryn

I have a Sammic 310 but have never used the gas flush capability so I am sorry but I can't help assess that function for you. I didn't buy my Sammic for that but hearing the cost of the 'add-on' for other machines, I guess I am glad mine already has it so I won't have to reinvest down the line should I need it. However, the base machine is great - I love it. My only issue is that I probably don't use it often enough to justify the initial cost. I would say it is built like a 'brick ****house' if that kind of language were allowed here. Not much 'learning curve' for a novice either (so 'user controls' are pretty simple in my opinion). Mine is equipped to do retort bags (which was a priority for me when I purchased this unit).

Sounds as though you got a great deal on your MiniPack though so you will probably be further ahead in the long run even buying the extra capability than I bought at full price.

Deryn

Deryn

I have a Sammic 310 but have never used the gas flush capability so I am sorry but I can't help assess that function for you. I didn't buy my Sammic for that but hearing the cost of the 'add-on' for other machines, I guess I am glad mine already has it so I won't have to reinvest down the line should I need it. However, the base machine is great - I love it. My only issue is that I probably don't use it often enough to justify the initial cost. I would say it is built like a 'brick ****house' if that kind of language were allowed here. Not much 'learning curve' for a novice either (so 'user controls' are pretty simple in my opinion). Mine is equipped to do retort bags (which was a priority for me when I purchased this unit).

Sounds as though you got a great deal on your MiniPack though so you will probably be further ahead in the long run even buying the extra capability than I was buying what I bought at full price.