• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Raamo

Raamo

Can't forget the Zojirushi

On 10/29/2022 at 8:03 PM, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Jasmine rice is not a rice variety I have previously stocked in house.  However I succumbed, and tonight amazon delivered a large bag of Lundberg Organic Jasmine from California (to the wrong address, I might add).

Currently percolating in the new Zojirushi on the jasmine setting...

We've stocked Jasmine rice for a while.  For all those times short grain isn't called for and basmati is too long.

Should be telling we make Japanese food though Indian Food and then plenty of curries in between.

Our Zojirushi handles all 3 with ease...

Raamo

Raamo

On 10/29/2022 at 8:03 PM, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Jasmine rice is not a rice variety I have previously stocked in house.  However I succumbed, and tonight amazon delivered a large bag of Lundberg Organic Jasmine from California (to the wrong address, I might add).

Currently percolating in the new Zojirushi on the jasmine setting...

We've stocked Jasmine rice for a while.  For all those times short grain isn't called for and basmati is too long.

Should be telling we make Japanese food though Indian Food and then plenty of curries in between.