• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Okanagancook

Okanagancook

I’ve discovered a vendor at our Farmers Market who cans her excess tomatoes so they are right out of the garden…probably like @Shelbymakes.  $12 for a litre glass jar.  I use one to make a batch of very simple tomato soup.  I don’t have a garden now that we moved to a condo so this is perfect for me.  I will be stocking up for the winter.  She didn’t have any on her sales bench last week…I asked her ? Are you making them this year and she said that was her project for the week.  I am anticipating the price to be a bit higher.  I am still buying them!

Okanagancook

Okanagancook

I’ve discovered a vendor at our Farmers Market who cans her excess tomatoes so they are right out of the garden…probably like @Shelbymakes.  $12 for a litre glass jar.  I use one to make a batch of very simple tomato soup.  I don’t have a garden now that we moved to a condo so this perfect for me.  I will be stocking up for the winter.  She didn’t have any on her sales bench last week…I asked her ? Are you making them this year and she said that was her project for the week.  I am anticipating the price to be a bit higher.  I am still buying them!

Okanagancook

Okanagancook

I’ve discovered a vendor at our Farmers Market who cans her excess tomatoes so they are right out of the garden…probably like @Shelbymakes.  $12 for a litre glass jar.  I use one to make a batch of very simple tomato soup.  I don’t have a garden now that we moved to a condo so this perfect for me.  I will be stocking up for the winter.  She didn’t have any on her sales bench last week…I asked her ? Are Taney and she said that was her project for the week.  I am anticipating the price to be a bit higher.  I am still buying them!