• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Rosalie Restaurant

Lesley C

i love toque ,i looked at the dom p party invite,im sure it was huge....to pricey for me and my limited budgets these days.......gotta buy the baby stuff.......4 weeks till bebe

Best wishes, David. It is an exciting time. Don't forget to take some time to enjoy the new baby when he/she arrives. They grow so quickly.

I have not yet been to Globe, but I find your work at Rosalie to be thrilling. I've been therer twice and your hospitality has been wonderful both times. I live in New York, but love to get to Montreal when I can. Your restaurants are definately at the top end of my list. Montreal is such an exciting culinary destination right now between Rosalie, Les Chevres, Toque (I wish I could have been at that dinner!), Chez L'Epicier and others I have not yet been to, but am really looking forward to. The food markets are also wonderful, especially at this time of year and into the fall.

The work is long and difficult. I don't know how you and others of your ilk do it. Hopefully, it helps to know that it is appreciated, at least by some.

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

Dave, I'm going through my third pregancy, well not me but my girlfriend. We are two workaholics, if everything goes to plan, you should be able to do all sorts of stuff in the first weeks. We actually never went out more to restaurants during those first few weeks, it's just a tube that you keep feeding and it sleeps all the time mouhahahaha.

Anyways, words of wisdom... don't say a word during labor... not a word. You should also bring a recorder, store the tape in a safe, it might come handy down the road...

Best small store to buy baby accessories: Le caroussel du Parc, they have the finest peg perego strollers. A great investment. The lady there is a real sweetie.

We are going to try Holder before we head to senor coconut on Saturday night.

Lesley, if you want to say publicly, are you planning to review Toque! again soon? Nick at Montrealfood, has hinted that you were thinking about this. Starting with Milos around 6-7 weeks ago, you're beginning to review the big Montreal restaurants for a second time.

----------

Steve

Lychee wasn't a new restaurant. It was an established restaurant that changed chefs. I usually wait a month but Lychee was three weeks after Apollo came on board. In this case, I don't feel like it was reviewed too early. I had recently recommended their terrace and I felt I had to go back and review the place before the summer season.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure exactly when it went live, but the Rosalie website is up and running. It has clips of the interior and the menus are posted. I find the scrollbar at the right a little sticky and I guess it would load much faster on cable but it's a very elegant site. Kudos to the web monkey who designed it. It's impressive :smile:

Oops, I missed something....

Thanks for adding the link docsconz. I guess I forgot the obvious. :wacko:

Edited by jersey13 (log)