• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

BBQ Restaurant

allen.lee0922

I think you should attend the Big Apple Barbecue Block Party, coming up this weekend.

From New York alone, you'll have Hill Country, Rack & Soul, Blue Smoke and Dinosaur to sample. And then you can compare what some of the NY BBQ restaurants are doing withg what's on offer from other locations around the states.

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

It's certainly okay for the 'cue...and the bourbons...and the service...and...

RUB isn't at the block party, but there are quite a few people who feel it's the best (for certain items) in the city.

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

Hill Country's juicy brisket is really good, and their sausages come from Kreuz in Lockhart. I've never gone to the actual restaurant, because the vibe looks absolutely awful, but they deliver to my address :smile:

I quite like the ribs at Rack N Soul, and they beat some southern contenders at the Big Apple BBQ a couple years ago, a slip-up I'm sure on the part of the visitors.

But the absolute best is Fette Sau in Williamsburg... vaut le détour