• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Coffee Crunch Bars

Shel_B

Of course, the first thing that occurred to me was to add chocolate in some form. :wub: :wub:

I might just try them this afternoon.

Should add that I read all the remarks following the recipe and several said the baking time was too long...should be more like 25 mins and not 40-50. Also a number of the responses were pretty negative about the cookies period.

Yes, I think I will make them but cook them a shorter period.

Edited by Darienne (log)

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

Oh. :wacko: I didn't read that one too well. I see there are chips in it. Well, I never have chips so I'll still think about a ganache topping or a dipping of some sort. :wacko:

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

Last post here for me I hope.

Made the cookies. I subbed Panela for dark brown sugar...didn't have any. Omitted the chips...did not have any...and double the sliced almonds. Baked for 30 minutes only and that was enough. Really enough. Topped them with 54% dark chocolate ganache. Ed said use 54%, not 70%. I think he is correct. Sorry the squiggles look like toad poop. Yes, really.

The cookies taste good but I can't say I'll make them again. Thanks for suggesting them Shel_B.

P9100001_01.JPG

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope.