• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Packaging Design

Panaderia Canadiense

All great suggestions, but they've gone to the client (who, now that he's happy, I can identify as the Canadian Ambassador to Ecuador), so there's no changing those ones (95 boxes, holding 47.5 dozen cookies, was the final tally). They ended up looking fabulous, and his excellency was thrilled with them.

I will be changing the tag, but once the boxes are tied up I really like the ratio of lid to base visible, and so I won't be changing that. There are also shippability and printing efficiency things built into the proportions of those boxes, and changing them would make them more of a challenge to ship or to print - at the moment they're the perfect balance. 25 dozen of these cookies were shipped to Guayaquil, a route with notoriously bumpy roads, and all arrived 100% intact, which is a personal record for tender shortbreads of this type.

Here's what they looked like when they shipped.

Box-Finished.jpg

And here's how they were packed for shipping (this is the 25 boxes to Guayaquil - by the time I got the 70 boxes for Quito assembled, tied, and packed, I was so tired that I was kind of like a bakery zombie and thus didn't take pictures.)

Boxes-Packed.jpg

Elizabeth Campbell, baking 10,000 feet up at 1° South latitude.

My eG Food Blog (2011)My eG Foodblog (2012)

DH is with the Ambassador. I'm with you at this point, although I'm not crazy about fonts with serifs. That may be my old eyes... I do like the large caps with the much smaller miniscules. What font is that, please?

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

LeafsComparison.png

The finished product is glorious. I like the way you fit the tag to the lid.

I like the half way down lid as it is. Easy to open, but secure enough it doesnt fall off when being picked up.

My favorite of your tags is the one above, on the right (w the smaller letters in the same font).

I didnt have a problem w the M and the L because the rest of the letters made them obvious. Maybe not so much for a non-native English reader?

"You dont know everything in the world! You just know how to read!" -an ah-hah! moment for 6-yr old Miss O.

I prefer the new "M" and "L" and my favorite is the lower right tag. Text is very readable and looks like it is descriptor text. Have you tried a "plainer" font for the descriptor text, perhaps Calibri or Palatino?