• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Where to buy new (not used) fish tubs and lids?

JeanneCake

I like to use fish tubs (aka fish buckets) to store things in; currently I am getting them from one of my accounts because they like to use them to receive our goods (easier than boxes). I'd like to get some new ones of my own; where do you get them from? Perkins doesn't seem to sell them, maybe Sysco? USFoods? Any ideas?

I posted this here because fish tubs are usually available to, or found in, restaurants or commercial places, not so much home consumers....but if it needs to be moved, by all means...!

Why not contact your local fish purveyor and see if you can buy them either directly from them, or find out where they get them before they're emblazoned with their company logos, etc. The only place I've ever seen them are the restaurants I've worked at, and they're already branded with the company logos from whichever seafood purveyor they've come from. Surely they are all buying them from someone. Perhaps if you have a good relationship with a chef or restaurateur you could inquire about purchasing some from them. Everywhere I've ever worked there has been an abundance of those rectangular "fish boxes" somewhere in the restaurant. Can't imagine it's any different any where else.

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

I can ask my account where they got them; the ones they gave me don't have any logo on the lids so they have to be getting them somewhere. As a bakery, I'm not dealing with fish :laugh: so I have no clue where to start looking for them!