• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sort of new restaurants

C Simril

Hawksworth earned his fame for culinary adventure and reliable quality at West for years. Getting a new place with his name on it gives his the right to charge West prices for minor league pasta with a few fragments of morel? I think the city of Vancouver should be incensed.

On the other paw, Ensemble makes me proud to live in Vancouver, proud to have been born in the same distant province as the chef, and amazed my taste buds could be so delighted in this otherwise minor league culinary town. If they can find someone who can make a decent drink, they would be Michelinorino. Anyone else eating well in Vancouver this year? It's hard to discover from this site.