• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FeChef

FeChef

Grew up eating this chili. My late step father always made it. It's a recipe from the 50's, but i think at some point it might have been on a can of tomato soup my step father got it from, or possibly his mother had the original recipe card.Anyway, I just made a batch, followed the recipe. Not sure if my taste buds have changed over the decade's but i feel like its missing something. Maybe its the crackers. ( i always added saltines ) Its still cooling down.

944e65951a4a67397749310c2449ae07.jpg

20221228_193457.jpg

FeChef

FeChef

Grew up eating this chili. My late step father always made it. It's a recipe from the 50's, but i think at some point it might have been on a can of tomato soup my step father got it from, or possibly his mother had the original recipe card.Anyway, I just made a batch, followed the recipe. Not sure if my taste buds have changed over the decade's but i feel like its missing something. Maybe its the crackers. ( i always added saltines ) Its still cooling down.

944e65951a4a67397749310c2449ae07.jpg