• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Cyberider

Cyberider

After setting in my Amazon cart for two years waiting for a price drop, I finally ordered a BSO last Tuesday and it arrived Friday.  A very nice unit compared to my tired 25-year-old Toastmaster convection oven but I was surprised by how much smaller it was and how that might limit it's usefulness.  I baked my usual cookie recipe Saturday and made pizza Sunday and it performed well.  My most frequent use of the convection oven is for bread, though, so hoping that the tops don't get scorched for getting too close to the heating elements.  Maybe I'll have to bake smaller loaves and/or continue to use the noisy old Toastmaster for tall loaves.  In any event, I think I'll be happy with it as I am also with the Assistent mixer I bought five years ago on the advice of eGullet forum members.  Now, guess I need a CSO?  That looks really small, though.

Cyberider

Cyberider

After setting in my Amazon cart for two years waiting for a price drop, I finally ordered one last Tuesday and it arrived Friday.  A very nice unit compared to my tired 25-year-old Toastmaster convection oven but I was surprised by how much smaller it was and how that might limit it's usefulness.  I baked my usual cookie recipe Saturday and made pizza Sunday and it performed well.  My most frequent use of the convection oven is for bread, though, so hoping that the tops don't get scorched for getting too close to the heating elements.  Maybe I'll have to bake smaller loaves and/or continue to use the noisy old Toastmaster for tall loaves.  In any event, I think I'll be happy with it as I am also with the Assistent mixer I bought five years ago on the advice of eGullet forum members.  Now, guess I need a CSO?  That looks really small, though.