• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Question about recipe for Turkish Delight

minas6907

Hi Everyone. I was wondering if someone who has Chocolates and Confections At Home can tell me if this recipe for Turkish Delight is any different. Heres the link: http://www.coco-cooks.com/2010/06/almond-rose-turkish-delight-and-a-giveaway-for-substituting-ingrediants/

I'm not really interested in the inclusions, but I just want to make sure that it matches what is in the 'at home' book. I was thinking about buying the book, but decided I really dont need it right now, and this is one if the few candies I want to make but dont have the ingredients for as written in the regular Chocolates and Confections book, anyone who's familiar with it will know I'm talking about the thin boiling starch.

If there is a difference in recipe or instructions in the above link then what appears in the 'at home' book, would someone be so kind as to fill me in? Thanks a bunch in advance! :-)

The differences are notes with a * in the online recipe. Otherwise it appears to be the same.

Looks like the difference is in the use of less rosewater in the online version.

Thanks alot, Kerry, I appreciate that.

Can I ask you, where did you get your recipe for your delights on this topic?

http://egullet.org/p1221340

Also, does anyone have a recipe that they found reliable? I have yet to try the recipe here:

I would prefer an all starch recipe, and no gelatin, but eh, we cant have everything :-)

You can use guar gum or gum arabic or gum tragacanth instead of the gelatin. I use these gums instead of gelatin when making candy for vegans.

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

Thanks alot, Kerry, I appreciate that.

Can I ask you, where did you get your recipe for your delights on this topic?

http://egullet.org/p1221340

Also, does anyone have a recipe that they found reliable? I have yet to try the recipe here:

I would prefer an all starch recipe, and no gelatin, but eh, we cant have everything :-)

Can't recall which that was - send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll forward the recipes I have. Some use thin boiling starch though.