• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

mkayahara

mkayahara

Not a shaker as such, but I wanted to post a shout-out to the Soukichi Glassware Company in Tokyo. We looked all over Osaka and Tokyo for good-quality Yarai mixing glasses, and found the same mediocre brand at most of the kitchen supply stores we checked out. A quick Google led to this post, which led us to the store in question. They had a tremendous array of stunning glassware, from the very reasonably priced to the outrageous. We settled on a Yarai glass that didn't break the bank, plus a beautiful new strainer to go with it (which my husband insisted on!) and a nice jigger with internal markings at 10/20/30 ml. on one side and 15/30/45 ml. on the other. (The spoon is a $3 model that I grabbed a couple of at one of the above-mentioned kitchen supply stores.) The downside to all of this is that the set is intended to be one of my Christmas gifts this year, so I won't be able to use it for a few months yet.Barware for eG.jpg

mkayahara

mkayahara

Not a shaker as such, but I wanted to post a shout-out to the Soukichi Glassware Company in Tokyo. We looked all over Osaka and Tokyo for good-quality Yarai mixing glasses, and found the same mediocre brand at most of the kitchen supply stores we checked out. A quick Google led to this post, which led us to the store in question. They had a tremendous array of stunning glassware, from the very reasonably priced to the outrageous. We settled on a Yarai glass that didn't break the bank, plus a beautiful new strainer to go with it (which my husband insisted on!) and a nice jigger with internal markings at 10/20/30 ml. on one side and 15/30/45 ml. on the other. (The spoon is a $3 model that I grabbed a couple of at some of the above-mentioned kitchen supply stores.) The downside to all of this is that the set is intended to be one of my Christmas gifts this year, so I won't be able to use it for a few months yet.Barware for eG.jpg

mkayahara

mkayahara

Not a shaker as such, but I wanted to put a shout-out to the Soukichi Glassware Company in Tokyo. We looked all over Osaka and Tokyo for good-quality Yarai mixing glasses, and found the same mediocre brand at most of the kitchen supply stores we checked out. A quick Google led to this post, which led us to the store in question. They had a tremendous array of stunning glassware, from the very reasonably priced to the outrageous. We settled on a Yarai glass that didn't break the bank, plus a beautiful new strainer to go with it (which my husband insisted on!) and a nice jigger with internal markings at 10/20/30 ml. on one side and 15/30/45 ml. on the other. (The spoon is a $3 model that I grabbed a couple of at some of the above-mentioned kitchen supply stores.) The downside to all of this is that the set is intended to be one of my Christmas gifts this year, so I won't be able to use it for a few months yet.Barware for eG.jpg