• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Saveur top 100 Jan/Feb 2011

heidih

I picked up the magazine on impulse today. #17 is salt baked fish which I adore and #3 is dry roasted vegetables on a comal. I have not slowly gone through them but these all sound reality centered. Have you looked or cooked?

Got my edition in the mail today. I always enjoy the Top 100 issue. I flipped through the pages, and am way, way looking forward to reading it thoroughly. I'm particularly intrigued by the housemade kielbasa and copycat Tater Tots recipes...

--Roberta--

"Let's slip out of these wet clothes, and into a dry Martini" - Robert Benchley

Pierogi's eG Foodblog

My *outside* blog, "A Pound Of Yeast"

#81 for me. Catalan Cuisine is out on my table right now. Of course, Coleman Andrews is a great writer and you can't go wrong with this, or any of his books.

And, I worked for Chef Stephen Kalt at Spartina right out of cooking school. It's where I realized that being a cook wasn't all it's cracked up to be. I learned that and a lot more from Steve.

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

#81 for me. Catalan Cuisine is out on my table right now. Of course, Coleman Andrews is a great writer and you can't go wrong with this, or any of his books.

At the recommendation of another eGulleter I ordered it for just over $10 on Amazon the other day. Looking forward to it. Catalan Cuisine

I'm waiting for my copy in the mail. I finally broke down and subscribed to Saveur, but I'm not sure if that will be my first issue or not. I have a back-up ordered through a local distributor. What's #81?

I'm waiting for my copy in the mail. I finally broke down and subscribed to Saveur, but I'm not sure if that will be my first issue or not. I have a back-up ordered through a local distributor. What's #81?

#81 is the referenced book Catalan Cuisine by Colman Andrews :smile:

I hope this is in fact the issue you get- although I have never regretted getting any issue of Saveur