• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Plymouth, MA for four days

LizD518

I'll be in Plymouth, MA next week, from Sunday evening until Friday morning. My days are taken care of, as I'll be working for a large banqueting operation there, helping set up, and then execute, Thanksgiving Brunch. But I'll have Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (and possibly Sunday) evenings on my own. I may go see friends in Providence one night, and I am also thinking of driving in to Boston one evening - I went to school there and have some ideas of where I might go. But I'll have at least two nights to have dinner in Plymouth. I'm not looking for any fancy meals - just good food and hopefully a decent atmosphere where I can sit at the bar and strike up a conversation. I generally like brewpubs, anything ethnic (Indian, Thai, Chinese, Mexican, or whatever).

I'll be staying at a hotel off of Rt. 3, a little south of downtown, but I'll have my car, and would prefer going somewhere with a more scenic setting, as I also hope to take my camera around and take some pictures (mostly likely it will be dark, so, we'll see...). Friday morning breakfast suggestions down by the water would be great, so I can have some opportunity to get some nice photos then too.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

There's been a big spike in the Brazilian population there in the last few years, so I'd look in that direction for one ethnic meal. With the disclaimer that I've never actually eaten there, I've heard good things about casa brazil on court st/rt 3A near cherry st. (I'm from plymouth, but pretty much eat only homecooked stuff when I'm there!).

If your friends in providence are up for a divey ethnic place, you should check out apsara in cranston. It's cambodian, and some of the best SE asian I've ever had!

Edited by davidkeay (log)