• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lindag

lindag

57 minutes ago, David Ross said:

And we have prices down as low as $5.97 a pound.   

That's what it was here as well.  I don't believe I've ever seen crab that cheap here.  The stores rarely offer it, maybe  up to three times a season, if that.  

it wasn't the freshest either; when I lived in Portland the crab in the store was really fresh, straight from the coast. Just wonderful.

I had to chuckle at the grocery clerk who checked out my order; I mentioned how nice it was to finally see some fresh crab and she replied, "Oh god, I can hardly stand to look at it!".

lindag

lindag

39 minutes ago, David Ross said:

That's what it was here as well.  I don't believe I've ever seen crab that cheap here.  The stores rarely offer it, maybe  up to three times a season, if that.  

it wasn't the freshest either; when I lived in Portland the crab in the store was really fresh, straight from the coast. Just wonderful.

lindag

lindag

37 minutes ago, David Ross said:

lindag

lindag

24 minutes ago, David Ross said:

That's what it was here as well.