• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lindag

lindag

10 hours ago, KennethT said:

I'm not trying to be snide or snippy but can someone please explain why dungeness crabs are supposed to be so great? I think I've only had it once and my memory says that it was a lot of effort for little yield... What am I missing?

It may be just personal taste but I can't get enough of the stuff myself.  It may be that it's only available seasonally that we get excited when it's for sale.  Like Copper River Salmon?  Or fresh off the vine tomatoes?

lindag

lindag

10 hours ago, KennethT said:

I'm not trying to be snide or snippy but can someone please explain why dungeness crabs are supposed to be so great? I think I've only had it once and my memory says that it was a lot of effort for little yield... What am I missing?

It may be just taste but I can't get enough of the stuff myself.  It may be that it's only available seasonally that we get excited when it's for sale.  Like Copper River Salmon?  Or fresh off the vine tomatoes?