• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ice Cream's Burning Man near New London?

jkarpf

Recently someone from New London told me that she'd discovered a sort of regional, invitation-only event for ice cream. Lots of cream is trucked in and attendees bring ingredients for making dozens of unusual flavors. Plus there's activities like contra dancing.

She's a family friend I see annually; I'm sure she wasn't pulling my leg. But I don't have her contact info, so I'm hoping the fellow food nuts here will know about this. No, I'm not angling for an invite. My gf lets me get away with the occasional midnight steak or raw milk, but not a day (or more) of ice cream.

She might've said it was called Bait, or something sounding similar to that. A couple of hours of googling have been fruitless.

This is quite the puzzle! Can't you contact the friend and ask for more clues?

Baltic, CT (similar to bait?) is near New London.

Banished from Chowhound; I like it just fine on eGullet!

If you`re not big enough to lose, you`re not big enough to win! Try this jalapeno, son. It ain't hot...