• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

boilsover

boilsover

On 4/30/2018 at 3:49 PM, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Three quart is too small.  And I needed something that would go in the dishwasher.  Plus the last thing I'd want in a stockpot is conductive sides.  The Demeyere looks more like what I wanted, thanks, but it is still too small (Fissler also sells an asparagus pot).  I wished to be able to simmer stock on the back burner of my stove, which is 8 inch diameter.  My new Fissler pot works well for that purpose, not that it was cheap.

Sorry, I was responding to your statement: "I found tall stockpots less than 9 liter are like hens' teeth.  Supposedly Demeyere makes one, but not one that I could find to buy."  So I pointed out 2, including the Demeyere. 

If a 6Q thin SS is too heavy, I see no alternative but to go smaller.  The Demeyere is 4.8Q, BTW.

FWIW, I was comped one of the 3Q Housecopper stockers to review, and it's actually quite useful for back-of-the-stove/continuous kitchen use.  I've been after the company to offer a pasta/blanching insert for it.

If you like Fissler, you should check out the prices at the Spanish eBay--MUCH cheaper. 

boilsover

boilsover

On 4/30/2018 at 3:49 PM, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Three quart is too small.  And I needed something that would go in the dishwasher.  Plus the last thing I'd want in a stockpot is conductive sides.  The Demeyere looks more like what I wanted, thanks, but it is still too small (Fissler also sells an asparagus pot).  I wished to be able to simmer stock on the back burner of my stove, which is 8 inch diameter.  My new Fissler pot works well for that purpose, not that it was cheap.

Sorry, I was responding to your statement: "I found tall stockpots less than 9 liter are like hens' teeth.  Supposedly Demeyere makes one, but not one that I could find to buy."  So I pointed out 2, including the Demeyere. 

If a 6Q thin SS is too heavy, I see no alternative than to go smaller.  The Demeyere is 4.8Q, BTW.

FWIW, I was comped one of the 3Q Housecopper stockers to review, and it's actually quite useful for back-of-the-stove/continuous kitchen use.  I've been after the company to offer a pasta/blanching insert for it.

I you like Fissler, you should check out the prices at the Spanish eBay--MUCH cheaper.