• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Best: Cheesecakes

Holly Moore

Serious Eats NY exploration of cheesecakes has increased my food cravings by one. Any NY City caliber cheesecakes in Philadelphia? Nothing fancy, just a classic New York cheesecake.

I like Famous Fourth's but my sense is that it is too giant a portion to be a great cheesecake too.

Edited by Holly Moore (log)

Holly Moore

"I eat, therefore I am."

HollyEats.Com

Twitter

IMHO the best cheesecake on the planet, creamy, melts in your mouth is the Carnegie Deli Cheesecake. I've yet to get the crust just right however I got the filling almost 100%. Its published on their site here.

I used 1/3 cup of cream instead of whats called for.

I think one can make it at home and it be as good as any commercially made cheesecake.

edited for grammar & spelling. I do it 95% of my posts so I'll state it here. :)

"I have never developed indigestion from eating my words."-- Winston Churchill

Talk doesn't cook rice. ~ Chinese Proverb

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm, the link to the recipe didn't work...do you happen to have it available??

Since my recent post and your check, they have changed their website, that's why the link does not work.

I will PM you the recipe. Hopefully I have it saved electronically and don't have to scan my much stained hard copy :biggrin:

edited for grammar & spelling. I do it 95% of my posts so I'll state it here. :)

"I have never developed indigestion from eating my words."-- Winston Churchill

Talk doesn't cook rice. ~ Chinese Proverb