• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Tartar Sauce

Nanmeade

Go to Epicurious and print out the Tartar Sauce from Bon Appetit January 1999.  OMG it is unbelievably delicious!  :biggrin:

Thank you! Printed out both the tartar sauce and the shrimp recipe. Will make them very very soon.

Really appreciate your taking the time to let us know about them. :rolleyes:

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.

Jaymes, Do you know of a place that ships Gulf shrimp (16-20) that's good to deal with?

Thanks, Nick

On a large scale?? Like commercially? Or just a few for your own sweet self?

Okay - I'll assume when you say, "16-20" you're not talking about size (16-20 per pound), and that 16-20 is how many shrimp you want.

Unfortunately, I am leaving for a few days in Mexico first thing in the morning, and won't have time to spend on this right now.

Because fresh Gulf shrimp is available all over Austin, I haven't really done much research on this, but do sort of recall from living in Galveston that shrimp season ends about now.

I can't remember the name of the place in Galveston where we went to buy seafood fresh off the boats (although I can see the place vividly, of course, which is no help to anyone), but I'd suggest that you try calling the Galveston Chamber of Commerce and ask which company has been in business the longest. I'd also call Gaido's in Galveston. It's a famous seafood restaurant and I doubt they ship anything, but they would most certainly know who in town would, if you can pry it out of them. Also, there's a company, Fabian Seafood, 409-765-9522 - that ships seafood all over (although I don't know where you are and if that is included in the area they service), but I think they are wholesale only. Again, you can call and ask them who does what you're interested in.

If I were not leaving town, I'd do a little research and find a good name/company/number for you, but just don't have time.

Good luck. And maybe some of our Houston people will notice this and leap humbly into the breach. They'd have great info, I know.

Good luck.

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.