• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Got Dessert???

Rosie

Great article in NJ section of the Sunday NY Times by David Corcoran and Karla Cook highlighting desserts served in NJ restaurants. I was thrilled to see so may food articles in The NJ Sunday section. Marge Perry also wrote a very interesting article about a cheese maker in Vernon. John Foy has an article about top restaurateurs in the state and there is an article about culinary students in Newark.

So--what are some of your favorite desserts and where are they served?

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

I'm a tira misu kind of gal...or anything with a banana/choc /caramel combo, or mocha...I like the tiramisu at Diamond's in Trenton, the real deal, not an "interprettation"...though I don't mind them, and which I usually order and enjoy at other rests, because I simply love the flavor combinations. But I prefer the very authentic kind. Rats has had on past menus a wonderful tasting and spectacularly visual Banana dessert, plus great great great creme brulees.

As an interesting note, I could not eat a raw banana if you paid me..ugh...and don't drink coffee, either..yet mocha, banana...these desserts are always my first choice. What is THAT about??? :blink:

Ice cream is not a favorite, though Springer's in Stone Harbor has a banana chocolate ribbon flavor...my dad who adores the stuff is a big Thomas Sweet Fan, too...and while I would not trust his opinion on most things culinary, on this I trust his judgement!