• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Harvey Wallbanger Cake

Jaymes

Harvey Wallbanger Cake

For a while there, I couldn't go to a single party that someone hadn't brought this. And it was pretty good, as I recall - all citrusy and boozy.

• 1 box orange cake mix
  • 1 box (3 1/4 oz.) instant vanilla pudding mix
  • 1/2 c vegetable oil
  • 4 eggs
  • 4 oz Galliano Liqueur
  • 1 shot Vodka
  • 1/2 c OJ
  • 1 tsp orange zest

Glaze:

• 1 c confectioners powdered white sugar
  • 1 T Liqueur Galliano
  • 1 T orange juice concentrate
  • 1 tsp orange zest
  • 1 tsp vodka

Beat together the cake ingredients. Pour into greased and floured bundt pan and bake at 350 for Preheat the oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

Let the cake cool in the pan 10 minutes. Then remove cake from pan and place in center of serving platter.

Glaze: Combine all glaze ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour over well-cooled cake.

There are other recipes - including for sheet cake, where you poke holes in the warm cake and pour glaze over it while warm, also layer cakes, that kind of thing.

Keywords: Dessert, Cake

( RG428 )

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.